Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-07-2020, 09:37 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 09:13 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I realize it was a 3 team deal. But the Mavs were paying a 2nd round pick and cap space for him if that rumor was true. that's a trade into just cap space.

Even if cap space, it was to the benefit of NY, not Lakers. Lakers had to move him to get Morris.

(11-07-2020, 09:13 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: But this whole argument comes down to you thinking Delon is absolutely worthless and terrible here. And I think that is way off base. But to each their own.

I admit I really don't like him, but seems Carlisle shares my feelings Smile I am really kicking my head how his stats can be so good, because eye test was awful. He couldn't play with Luka and he couldn't run the bench unit efficiently. He was getting worse as season progressed. He didn't run offense a lot, but when he did, he reminded me so much of DSJ. Endless and pointless ball pounding without clear idea what to do. Aimless drives leading to lost balls from bad passes, gazillion passed opportunity to shoot the ball, endless pounding of the ball and pass to guarded someone like Kleber with 2 seconds on the clock leading to a desperation shot. He was mostly also nothing special on defense, apart from a couple of games he showed what he could be. If we take a neutral source as valuation of both guys (The Athletic ranking) - Green is in top 125, Wright is not. I think Green is doing stuff not shown in the stats. He was constantly guarding best opposing player and was good at it. His shooting percentage was below career average but teams are not really leaving him wide open - he is spreading the floor. Wright had higher percentage on the paper but teams didn't really care about that.

Right. they were willing to part with him. They could have chose KCP and another guy instead for the salary matching. They chose him. And the Knicks said we don't want him. That shows his value. 

Carlisle played him 21 minutes a game last year. So he clearly liked him to be a major part of his rotation before Burke went off. Burke and Luka played fantastic together. Burke played great with everyone. That doesn't mean Wright played bad. Burke just played better. And btw Burke played really well here before too. But turns out playing with Luka can make you look like a really good nba player haha. 

And Wright definitely struggled to find his fit in the scheme. that doesn't mean he played bad. he played well from an individual standpoint. But yeah he's a bad fit here and that's why he'll be gone. His defense was very solid IMO. 

Wright actually had better offensive and defensive BPM if you are a fan of that. Tho Green's #s were better in RPM. Green definitely is the better floor spacer which is why he would be better here. But you are comparing roles to our system. Delon is more in the role of a Rondo type player who played very well in LA. It's not a spread it out system.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-07-2020, 09:55 PM