Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-07-2020, 08:49 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 08:39 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Wright played very well here.

I strongly disagree with that. No matter how you think someone played, Green impact was still far better than Wright and Wright wage in 2 seasons is actually higher than Greens. The only realistic possibility for Mavs to get Green is in a three team trade. I am not paying THJ for him as it was suggested in the article, that is nonsense. 

(11-07-2020, 08:39 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Green almost was sent to the Mavs at the deadline last year for cap space.

Nope, it was a three team idea. Lakers were not sending him to Mavs, they were sending him to Knicks as a salary filler for Morris and Mavs would pay something to Knicks to get Green instead of them. Mavs would send Lee (plus asset) to Knicks. Knicks chose to deal with Clippers, as you know.

(11-07-2020, 08:39 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: KCP is the easy replacement for him at SG

KCP was starting at SG after Bradley was out and Green was a SF. Whole season.

I'm not sure how you can argue that Wright didn't play very well here. even in the playoffs his #s were solid and efficient with the limited time he had. He was right in line with his career #s on a per minute basis except for points. One of his higher rated defensive seasons, 2nd highest efficiency season. 

We expected starter and he was the normal backup guard he always was. And a dang good one. But when you struggle when on the floor with Luka or better put that the team struggles with you. That's a problem. 

I realize it was a 3 team deal. But the Mavs were paying a 2nd round pick and cap space for him if that rumor was true. that's a trade into just cap space. Teams don't care about 2nd round picks. And we have no idea what protections were on that pick. The yard included as fake 2nds all the time. It doesn't matter if it was a 3 team deal. Lakers didn't want to pay Kuzma and so they walked. 

I mean we are arguing semantics at this point on what position he was playing. But I'd say Bradley was the PG as the secondary ball handler with Lebron as the main guy driving the offense. And Lebron was always the 3. He was always defending forwards. 
They did the best with that they had for sure. But I'd think they would like to go back to a secondary playmaker and defender as their other guard with KCP based on how much Caruso and Rondo were playing with the main guys especially late in the playoffs. 

Wright is an excellent replacement for Rondo. 
Lakers will have to use MLE to keep Rondo IMO. maybe not all of it but they don't have bird rights and he'll probably get more than the peanuts he was making last year. 

To me barring a big trade, the most likely Lakers moves are fortifying their rotation via trade and MLE split between 2 guys or one. 
That's why I also mentioned Justin Jackson as being a fit due to positional flexibility and lack of forward depth on lakers.

But this whole argument comes down to you thinking Delon is absolutely worthless and terrible here. And I think that is way off base. But to each their own.

(11-07-2020, 08:51 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 08:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 08:01 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: My most likely trade of the offseason for any team is Danny Green for Delon Wright. 

I'd do that deal, if Wright can't get you something great in a package.  That would definitely be a cap space move, but he could help you for a year.

Lakers wouldn't.

Not terribly interested in Danny Green.  He looked like he lumbered quiet a bit when he moved in the bubble.

I think the most likely reason the Lakers don't do that deal is if they use Danny Green for salary matching in another deal with Kuzma. 

I still have a hard time seeing Kuzma, pick 28, Green, whoever for salary filler getting any sort of deal for a good player done. Perhaps that is a SNT type deal for someone. That's the only thing I can think of working for him. 

Ideally tho Mavs are using Delon's salary in another deal anyways. So I hope that doesn't happen. The Mavs desire to get Danny Green and the lakers low value placed on him (based on the trade deadline rumor/news) makes me think it's a very likely fallback possibility for both teams. 

Put it this way. I think neither player is on their current team next year and both are just salary fillers in other trades.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-07-2020, 09:13 PM