Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-07-2020, 07:37 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: I'd just point out again to the idea that we are too young to win because of Luka's age. 

It's nowhere near all about HIS age, though.

A) the NBA game is different enough. Yes, he had a head start through past experience, and yes, he might continue to hit milestones earlier than we expect. At this point, nothing will shock me with this kid. But, come on...do you really expect him to outplay Lebron or Kawhi in next year's playoffs? I think that's LUDICROUS. I think THEIR experience trumps HIS by a significant margin. 

B) It takes time for the TEAM to gain experience TOGETHER. That's just as important. Maybe more important, tbh. 

I'm not trying to put myself in the position of arguing AGAINST my team, but I think it's premature to call them contenders. I wouldn't expect them to be one of the top 4 teams in the West next year, tbh.  It's just my opinion. Obviously I'll be thrilled if they exceed expectations. I'll need to see one person on the roster besides Luka who can actually create offense before I drink that kool aid though.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-07-2020, 07:55 PM