Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-07-2020, 10:27 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: The bad news is that our generational talent is 21 years old. 

Everyone should go look at guys like Lebron, MJ, Kobe, etc, and see how long it took them to A) make the playoffs. B) win the championship. It's going to take longer than some think. The Mavs will very likely not be true contenders before Luka signs his extension. That's just how it is, my dudes. 

I'd just point out again to the idea that we are too young to win because of Luka's age. 

This is like his 6th year of being a pro. Sure the competition is much higher in the NBA. But it matters big time. Luka has been honing his craft full time since he was a teenager. I'd think the mental game has been worked on too. Not to mention the younger you start learning things the easier it is to master. 

I'd say 9/10 the guys taking a while to finally win would be one of two things. Either the team was bad for years and tanking and they had to change the culture or they just didn't have the right roster pieces. 
I don't think our culture ever went negative like it did in Philly who I still think they aren't recovering from. So the latter is making sure the roster is in the right place. That's a big one. But doable. Most teams aren't able to trade for a 2nd legit star for very little either.

(11-07-2020, 02:04 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:56 AM)fifteenth Wrote: The reason I like to think about the legit-ness of a source is because I enjoy trying to figure out what the Mavs are thinking.

So much this.

People are not taking this guys ideas as a fan spit-balling. He is claiming to be an insider with real info and insight. 

For instance why this matters:

Now we have people on this forum questioning whether the Mavs are close to contending or if anyone wants to play with Luka because this anonymous guy on a internet forum like us says that the Mavs are desperate and want CP3 but CP3 wouldn't go to the Mavs. 

My take on CP3 and the Mavs: 
I don't think the Mavs would want CP3 and his locker room alpha anywhere near a developing Luka. That feels like the by far more likely scenario.

Lol on believing some rando on the internet at all. 
First off the idea Bucks are even willing to listen on Giannis when all the major guys report differently? Strike one on that guy being full of it. 
Secondly Paul has 0 say in where he goes. So it doesn't matter if he doesn't want to go to the Mavs.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-07-2020, 07:37 PM