Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Philosophy wise, what I would really love to see is Luka stop dribbling up from one end to another every time. I think this energy he spends into this is not equalling the level of his talent. He should get the ball in the final third on almost every play and run the show, it is here his talent can be used the most, and his energy. This strategy would also neglect any ability of the defense to double team him high up, mid court or even on our side. 

Is there a keyword for this type of PG that helps the primary one? One that dribbles up the court and then in the final third or around the arc, first then passes it over to your primary creator on offense that will start run the plays? This is what I would love to see from our new SG for instance. And in case the defenses double Luka to prevent him getting the basketball in the final third, this SG should have enough playmaking skills to take advantage of this. Here is where I think Bane would be enough. He has more creativity and playmaking and ability to penetrate than THJ to take advantage of this. In addition, I would really like to see from any new potential SG we could get to have some of these skills, but the key would be defense and 3 point shooting.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by burekemde - 11-07-2020, 03:52 PM