Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-07-2020, 02:39 PM)Hypermav Wrote: CPME knows Luka should control the ball.  I don't think that is a slight to Luka if he didn't want to come here.  I 2nd your statement.

I don't think we should or could trade for CP3 this offseason, because he is too expensive. But I think this take is just wrong. CP3 was not primary ball handler in Houston and he wasn't "controlling" the ball in OKC. He at least equally shared the task with Schroeder, who actually had much higher usage rate, and SGA. In theory I think it would be great if Luka could share a bit of his offensive burden and I think Mavs need this unless we are trying to become "Harden era Houston" 2.0. CP3 was not the problem in Houston. It was Harden who couldn't accept totally justified critique that he should share the ball a bit more. So it is Harden with the "ME" problem, not CP3, imho. Another example were Clippers, where I again totally understand his critiques against unserious teammates like DeAndre and to an extent Griffin. 

I see him as extremely competitive player with high basketball IQ and I think Luka would work with him greatly. Luka is smart, competitive and (I think and hope) he is not selfish as Harden. That's why he wouldn't have any problem with CP3 and he would be able to learn a lot from him like the OKC guys had. But to conclude again - I think there is zero possibility CP3 comes to Dallas and I wouldn't trade our assets for him, as it would take too many.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by omahen - 11-07-2020, 03:23 PM