Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-07-2020, 02:04 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Now we have people on this forum questioning whether the Mavs are close to contending or if anyone wants to play with Luka because this anonymous guy on a internet forum like us says that the Mavs are desperate and want CP3 but CP3 wouldn't go to the Mavs. 

It was me who opened that discussion and it was just that - something to talk about. I clearly said it is just that. You can agree or disagree with it. Why would you think it would be wrong to discuss the take he had about CP3 not wanting to go to Mavs? Totally same hypothetical discussion we have here all the time.

[quote pid='41612' dateline='1604775845']
People are not taking this guys ideas as a fan spit-balling. He is claiming to be an insider with real info and insight. 
[/quote]

This is just my opinion, I am not preventing anyone from anything. I think it is impossible to find out if he is legit or not, because he is posting what is (supposedly) being discussed. As none of us have any insight what is really being discussed, we also don't have any way to prove if he is connected or just making stuff up. Therefore it will always be just one subjective opinion against another. Killer thinks he is connected, you think he is full of shit. I explained in my discussion with Fifteenth why I think it is impossible to deduct what Mavs think from his writings - him being legit or not has no impact on this. If he is not legit, his writings still are nice ideas to discuss - stuff we are discussing about anyway and sometimes something new is brought up. If he is legit and even if everything he says is true, he still doesn't provide enough and just parts of conversations that anyone would be able to deduct what Mavs REALLY think.

(11-07-2020, 02:31 PM)Kammrath Wrote: But I do think it is important that people see them as ideas and NOT as data points or facts as we try to discern what the Mavs might be up to.

Totally agree with this. Personally I never said I believe (or not) what he is saying.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by omahen - 11-07-2020, 02:50 PM