Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-07-2020, 10:27 AM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 10:12 AM)Mapka Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 09:11 AM)omahen Wrote: Assuming it is true, that part about CP3 can make you think. Not the part about Dallas having interest in him but the part about him having zero interest in us. While we hype ourselves how close to contending are we, an all nba player doesn't like his ring chances if he comes to Dallas.

Can I unlike this?  (Because it is spot on and I don't like that.)

I'm pretty sure we are not a first grade contender as we are constructed today.
But with CP3 fitting in and being his last season self and a good MLE-signing we would be. 

There are many reasons for him not to join us. It's not just his chances of a ring.

That's why we have to find the guy who wants to be here.

So, the good news is that our generational talent is 21 years old. 

The bad news is that our generational talent is 21 years old. 

Everyone should go look at guys like Lebron, MJ, Kobe, etc, and see how long it took them to A) make the playoffs. B) win the championship. It's going to take longer than some think. The Mavs will very likely not be true contenders before Luka signs his extension. That's just how it is, my dudes. 

What I find concerning about the CP3 thing, if true, is that it would mean the Mavs really want to find a shortcut. What could a 38 year old possibly have in common with a 21 year old, and why would you want a guy who NEEDS the ball to play with a guy who NEEDS the ball? I've been all about a secondary playmaker, but I'm starting to wonder if the Mavs literally want a POINT GUARD. I, personally, love Luka playing the PG position.

Assume the Thunder are happy with Brunson + #18 + #31 + future 1st + Wright + Powell + THJ.

You could open a short window and then still have max cap space to open a new window before you have to max Luka in 2022.

That likely means two year MLE for Gallinari. Minimum for Melo. Likely have Lee, Burke, JJB and MKG back....

That´s your two year team...

CP3/Burke/JJB
Doncic/Curry/Lee
DFS/Melo/Jackson
Gallinari/Kleber/MKG
Porzingis/WCS/Boban

Then in the summer of 2022 you only have

Porzingis 34
Luka caphold 25
Kleber 9 (fully non-guaranteed)
Curry 8.5 (expiring)

You know what I´m starting to think Giannis should sign that 1+1 with Milwaukee next summer, then he call pull a KD after we beat him in the 2021/2022 NBA finals. Big Grin

All jokes aside this almost makes scary sense with the usual MBT thinking, full win NOW mode, no care for young assets, bring back every single veteran on the roster, but still maintain flexibility for 2022.

Just a question whether you can get over the first hurdle of the Thunder agreeing to a trade.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Mavs2019 - 11-07-2020, 12:09 PM