Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-07-2020, 11:56 AM)fifteenth Wrote: The reason I like to think about the legit-ness of a source is because I enjoy trying to figure out what the Mavs are thinking.

I don't think you will get that. Let's assume he is legit. He is posting discussions, not Mavs thoughts. Discussions they probably had with people from other teams. This doesn't disclose, what Mavs really think, because you don't really know the details of the discussion or the intent behind the call. For example info "Mavs inquired about CP3". You don't know if it was just a fishing trip like I made an example - "we give you Lee SnT so you save 40 mil next year" or is this a series of calls putting everyone available on the table and begging OKC on their knees to trade CP3. Even if info would be more detailed like examples above, you don't know if it was just Mavs throwing smoke screens to hide their real intentions. That's why I think those discussions are pointless. The guy explicitly says he is not announcing done deals. Which basically gives away any option to prove him legit or not. It will always be just your (or mine, or whoever) subjective opinion.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by omahen - 11-07-2020, 12:07 PM