Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-07-2020, 08:28 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Maxi/Wright for Wood?

I am somehow scared of Wood, as he has only half of good season behind him and a career filled with rumors of lack of basketball interest and questionable work ethic. Did he really "grow up" or will he return to his old ways once he gets the big contract? Having a 15 per failure on your roster would be a huge step back. That's why I would prefer to keep Maxi in this case. I doubt Detroit would do such a SnT without an asset (pick or Brunson) from our side (same as Fournier). Yes, they do get Maxi and if it would be just Maxi, I would agree. But you are adding 18 mil of Wright and they lose 15 mil of cap space they could "sell" to someone else. 

Line-up after the hypothetical Fournier/Wood trades is still lacking a couple of good perimeter defenders imho. At least DJJ for MLE. And I really think Fournier would kill it from the bench as a 6th man.

(11-07-2020, 08:55 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Maybe Bertans as the consolation prize.

Bertans will be way overpaid by Washington, imho. Same as Wood he really only has one half of an excellent season on a losing team nobody cared about. He doesn't play defense and is a huge injury question mark. On a contender, he is more of a 6th man than starter imho.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by omahen - 11-07-2020, 08:57 AM