Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I actually thought of Fournier earlier, when we were discussing Aaron Gordon, trying to envision a bigger deal. We know the Mavs like Fournier...for some reason. I feel guilty now, like I willed this hell into existence.

(11-07-2020, 12:50 AM)Tyler Wrote: Dallas liking Gallo and Dragic seems believable. The Lakers having more assets than Dallas to acquire a 3rd star does not. It's a mixed bag.

oh, I don’t doubt at all that there’s some incorrect info in there. Seems like this is all third hand info being filtered through a low level hawks employee, so anything about other teams is pieced together through front office water cooler talk.

It kind of makes sense within the scope of how Hollinger describes NBA front offices working. 

Basically, these teams all have like five or six dudes working the phones, each with a select group of teams where they have a close contact. That way, every team has a semi regular dialogue going with every other team, and the big guys generally don’t get involved until something gets close. A couple of times a week, the whole front office meets so that all these small dudes who work the phones can pass along information that they have learned through their conversations.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by KillerLeft - 11-07-2020, 12:50 AM