Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-06-2020, 02:32 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 12:11 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I´m still leaning heavily toward taking a free youth swing this season and prepare for 2021. It just seems the smartest strategy.

Im somewhat agree, but having 7 rookies is extreme to take in and share minutes. But yes, I agree that it should be invested in various players with diferrent skillsets, improving and peaking, while staying cheap on the contracts. Next year will hold better opportunities on players, especially if the upcoming season, the Mavs go far in the playoffs that free agents/tradeable players are more than willing to come here.

The older players would still be here next season. I was just looking at it from a 2021/2022 roster perspective. Though you would have to clear some roster space. No re-signing of Lee or JJB for example.

You might as well try to consolidate the roster with a 3 on 1 trade:

Powell + Wright + Jackson + #30 + future pick for Batum.

That way you clean the Giannis space right away.

Doncic / Brunson / Ramsey
THJ / Curry / Bane
DFS / Batum / Woodward
Saric / Bey / Boban
Porzingis / WCS / Azubuike

This still means the veteran core next year goes nine deep + Boban, but the older of the five rookies will likely force their way onto the court.

Loaded schedule, no G-League and let´s not forget that 2021 is supposed to be this great draft class, so lots of games against teams that will play tanktastic basketball anyway. With no crowds in the stands, these teams have even less incentive to play hard.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Mavs2019 - 11-06-2020, 04:07 PM