Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-06-2020, 03:22 PM)MavsFan41ife Wrote: Can any of you tell me any reasoning the Wizards would actually have for trading Beal?

He’s a top 10 talent on a bad team who says he wants to stay in Washington yet he is continuously mentioned in trade rumors. Specifically to Dallas. I’m all about it, but why would Washington do this?

The only way I see Dallas getting Beal (without trading KP) is to take on Wall.  That is basically a salary dump for them and would have the mavs sending back THJ/Curry/Maxi/Powell/Wright...  Basically smaller pieces that they can integrate or move to mold their team into a new form.  As they stand, they are screwed. They are the worst position where they are too good to get elite picks, not good enough to compete, and locked into cap hell for the foreseeable future with their best asset having one more year on his contract...  I take beal at his word that he was loyal, and signed that extension, but I think it just prolonged the agony, tbh.  

I think this trade actually works out for both sides, depending on philosophy. I think that selling beal individually gets a better asset package coming back, but then there isn't a lot more there to do with Wall on the books for a while.  The other option is to just suck it up and suffer Wall, get what they can for beal in terms of draft capital and young talent, and really tank.  I can't see them continuing on their current path. Beal will be dealt at some point - i just don't know that it has to be now.

Mavs would have to decide if Doncic/Wall/Beal/DFS/KP with Brunson/WCS/Bobi/JJ/Min guys are better than depth.  Wall is a good defender - which fills that need - and this team will have the most creators in the league.  But probably too many.  Doncic/Wall/Beal all want the ball in their hands.  The Mavs would still have the full MLE and could try to land an upgrade to DFS, or split it to fill out the bench.  That team would score a crap ton of points and probably lead the league in pace.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Mavsfan12 - 11-06-2020, 03:52 PM