Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-06-2020, 03:22 PM)MavsFan41ife Wrote: Can any of you tell me any reasoning the Wizards would actually have for trading Beal?

He’s a top 10 talent on a bad team who says he wants to stay in Washington yet he is continuously mentioned in trade rumors. Specifically to Dallas. I’m all about it, but why would Washington do this?

I think the biggest issue is that the Wiz are a poorly-run franchise who might feasibly be conned into such a thing.

Unless the Mavs were open to trading KP, their best shot at Beal would be trading for Gobert and then trying to flip him for Beal.

As a variant on Mavs2019's super rookie proposal, I would say that I would rather try to trade up from 18 as high as they can to get one nearly-can't-miss guy - perhaps packaging Wright with Curry to get an expiring player as well - then do the Maxi for two picks trade, then try to buy some high second rounders.

I do agree, however, that this draft appears to be quite deep in serviceable players. You could put together a bench that would be absolutely serviceable by 2020-21 with five picks in the 16-45 range, especially if two of them were in the top half, if your ***scouting*** was on point.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Scott41theMavs - 11-06-2020, 03:41 PM