Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I've been getting a feeling here the last few days of what I think the Mavs may want to try and do. 
The rumors of them wanting to trade up and trade for a 3rd star is perhaps not an either/or situation. 

I think the Mavs may really like a player in the draft and want to get him and make a trade for that third "star" too. After looking at what is in FA next summer (I think Mavs are likely to make a major signing Giannis or not), the Mavs see the ability to get a forward if not Giannis is a bit light. I think they like DFS but aren't committed to him at all as a long term starter. He is what he is and hopefully continues to improve his shooting. 

Reading the possible forward additions, getting a forward in the draft this year makes the most sense. Mavs want to move up in the lottery? There are 6-8 forwards projected to go anywhere from 9-18 with most or potentially all of them gone by the time Mavs pick at 18. Mavs have quality guards already. KP is the 5. I think the desire to move HAS to be for a forward unless they want a guard like Haliburton so bad they are going to trade up as far as it takes to get him. I find that highly unlikely based on the cost. 

It could be any one of those forwards but I can't help but keep noticing Nesmith as the best 3pt shooting forward, 6-10 wingspan and the connection to his coach at Vandy, Stackhouse. Can you move up to say 10-12 with just pick 30. Perhaps they like several different guys in that range of the draft even.

What about a deal with Sacramento for pick 12 and Buddy? That gets you your 3rd star AND allows you to move up in the draft.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 20?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-06-2020, 02:10 PM