Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-05-2020, 11:45 PM)chaparral Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:23 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:14 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: So.... everyone's out on Aaron Gordon? At one point, he was one of my favorite Mav targets.

It really depends on the price for me. But I'm very very interested in him still. If you aren't going to trade for or sign Griffin next summer, AG is my #1 PF target. Move DFS back to SF. I'm also not opposed to keeping him at the 4 and getting a legit 3. 

I wonder if their is a deal where Mavs can trade for AG and 15 with 18 going to Orlando. Obviously including something else but wonder if that could happen in a deal.

Would you do Kleber, Wright, 18 and 31 for Gordon, 15 and 45?  Mavs would actually save money in 21/22.

Yes I would. 

The theory on AG is pretty simple. He's always had good offensive metrics in area where Dwight Powell has good metrics like PNR. But he doesn't nearly enough plays for him ran despite getting starter minutes compared to Powell. Powell has way more volume as bench player in those areas. 

They basically use AG as a guy to camp out on the perimeter and spot up shoot. And he's about as an effective shooter as Powell but shoots way more 3s a game. In Dallas he would be heavy utilized as a PNR and cutter both of which he consistently has elite #s at in advanced metrics. Like 90th percentile. If Dallas likes Dwight, AG is him on steroids with way higher upside. It's an easy move to make if its so cheap and you do indeed love Powell's game if you are the MBT.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by cjeter24 - 11-06-2020, 10:46 AM