Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-06-2020, 04:15 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 03:20 AM)Mapka Wrote: @omahen or any other supporter of a Tobis Harris trade.
I will ignore his contract. It's just a nightmare and will be gone the moment we trade for him. 

So please tell me what kind of role will he play in our offense or defense.
If I think about it, I see the following:

Can't see him roll or just screen at a good enough level. 
Can't imaging any playmaking, that would benefit us. 
His spacing isn't good enough to make him a starter over any other player on our roster (Wright is gone here). 
Are we going to play him as a post-up guy? 

He won't guard any 1-3 on the perimeter. He won't be the 5. 
We tend to avoid to switch the small guards, but we are switching or blitzing Powell and Kleber often. 
I have no idea how Tobi would work in a zone.
I see him on every player I'd like to hide Luka on. 
He would help on Zion, LeBron, Randle.

As for offense, we play him spreading the floor with occasional post up. Even in his last season, which was a bit worse, he was very efficient. He was shooting 44 % on corner threes and 36 % overall on 5 attempts per game, so he is far from a bad shooter. And it is quite safe to say his looks will be better with Mavs than they were with Philly. This proves to me he can very efficiently spread the floor. He took 22 % of his shots at the rim and converted 66 % which is both good. He is taking a bit more mid range jumpers, but I am quite sure this will change with Mavs as they will be further pushing him out on the three point line.

Defensively, he is guarding big SF or PF. I don't think we need to hide him on defense. Luka can take worst opponent on positions 1-3.

So, back from watching some highlights (always dangerous).

I can see your POV better now. He is a good player. I still think we need another piece beyond adding him.

?
Luka
DFS
Tobi
KP

If you say Brunson becomes FVV or we add healthy Dragic with three years left with the MLE or we trade spares for Lowry too,or the trade send Assets to the Hawks and we geht Hayes... I can see it.
I would want to have something like this first, before I go all in. It might be impossible after, because we are comited and seem desperate then.

By the way, I don´t want to hide him on defense but Luka and that´s very often on the worse 3/4 and Tobi is just like always on the 4.

(11-06-2020, 05:54 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Im really late. But I think the Mavs can arguably be better than any other proposal (besides trading for Giannis) if they trade for Gobert and sign Dragic in the summer. Luka/Dragic/DFS/KP/Gobert is an elite lineup. Maxi was one of the better perimeter defenders too so the Mavs could roll out some serious size in Luka/DFS/Maxi/KP/Gobert.

I take Tobi here before I take Gorbert at the same price.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | $109.1M cap - by Mapka - 11-06-2020, 05:56 AM