Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-06-2020, 01:36 AM)SamStetz Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:12 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: 1. Jrue...best fit next to Luka

2. Hayward...would improve our clutch performance and give us a good 3rd player...

3. Hield...if it doesn't work it is not as crippling on our future CAP and less to move plus it's the Kings who have made a ton of stupid decisions...

98. Harris...Harrison Barnes level bad contract while dealing with Morey...if it doesn't work pray for a miracle to happen before Luka's next contract...

99. Gobert...only reason is if you are certain flipping him or KP for a Star...too much money tied up for Centers and both can't close or probably exist together on court...and I am not trading KP for him either...
Where does OPJ fit in here?  Big Grin

I think OPJ is great, especially relative to some of the other options we've discussed. He fits well at the 4, and you get to audition him for a season while you search the landscape for the best way to apply your flexibility, which he doesn't ruin. If another KP situation comes up, you have a contract around which a deal can be formed, and who knows - you might end up liking him enough to bring him back at a lower number. But, I DON'T think he makes the team better immediately if you have to sacrifice THJ to bring him in. 

Now, if somehow they could get OPJ AND Hield, that's where the situation starts to get interesting. Not sure that's even possible, but I'd be interested in that.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by KillerLeft - 11-06-2020, 01:53 AM