Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Ok. I'm still giggling about the "terrible opinion stick," so thanks, KL. Unfortunately, I read the whole post, so I have a feeling you'll think I got hit with it, too.

I'll believe the Mavs don't have to overpay when I see it. I'll believe they can draw big-time free agents when I see it. Does Luka change that? I'll believe that when I see it. Right now, it's all talk. I believe powder is a myth and so is flexibility. The Heat had 13 players under contract due $141 million for the 19-20 season. They were over the hard cap by almost $9M. The Miami Herald stated the Heat "are not in a position to aggressively pursue free agents." If a player wants on a team, it will happen. Ergo, I believe in acquiring as many good players as humanly possible any way you can and letting the chips fall where they may. Last off-season, the Mavs crapped their pants, turned around, walked through the puddle of poo that ran down their leg, and slipped and fell down in it face first. I don't know why for sure, but I think the management grossly underestimated the power of Luka. The only other option is gross incompetence, and that is not something I want to believe. They could have gotten players that would have made a difference. Players that make them better now or could be used to get even better players down the road. That's how it works, and I hear the cries about Big Don's mad science, but he tried like hell to keep making the team better. Luka is here now. We can and should get better now. Screw 2021. Find 2 or 3 dudes that put Powell, Kleber, and/or DFS back on the 2nd unit. Draft 'em; trade for 'em. I don't care. Get it done.

Just like Jimmy Butler, Giannis will be on whatever team he wants to be 100% regardless of the Mavs powder and flexibility. I say you better put your best foot forward. Now get off my lawn.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by SweetFidelia - 11-05-2020, 09:57 PM