Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-05-2020, 09:24 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 09:14 PM)cow Wrote: 76ers are in a win now mode.  I have no idea how they view Harris, but the Mavs shouldn't be doing them any favors by helping them get off his contract.

Exactly. Which is why they are looking to get better NOW in trades, not worse. Which is why I claim a package of Curry, Maxi and Powell might be seen as equal value from player worth point of view for them. I don't think THJ+Powell convinces them, because of the overlap with remaining players. Of course we want pick(s) and high upside players for the favor of taking bad contract. They don't care about them.

(11-05-2020, 09:14 PM)cow Wrote: Harris is easily making 10-15m per year over what I'd want to pay him.

Agree. What I am affraid is, all available good 2021 free agents like Hayward and Oladipo will also require (near) max money because of all the competition for their services in 2021. So where is the difference if we get Harris now instead of overpaing guys like above in 2021? As long as GA pipedream is off the table, it makes much more sense to make a move this year, where there is very little competition from other team

I'm just not willing to help them get better now.  I'm not giving up asset for Harris.  Curry, Maxi, 18 + 31 might not have a ton of value, but they are chips I'd rather use elsewhere for a contract that doesn't tie our hands as much and I'm still going to ask for something significant back.  I just don't think we are fit and that's probably a good thing.   If you want to spend a lot of money and do a win now move, I'd rather role the dice on CP3.

I kind of hate all of the big names we've been floating around (Dipo, Hayward, Harris).  The only reason I'm okay with Gobert is I think you can flip him but Utah isn't going to give him away either and by the time they make that decision, we might not have near enough assets to get him.  

Jrue is probably my favorite player on the market but we'll get outbid.  Hield intrigues me, I can see it going wrong but I think you could also trade him somewhat easily.  Wipe his name from my list if we can draft Nesmith.  I also like Bogdan but I think the Kings would match what I'd consider a reasonable offer.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by cow - 11-05-2020, 09:42 PM