Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-05-2020, 09:05 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 08:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Don´t know how Harris contract is viewed around the league but a pretty common approach for bad max deals is one 1st round pick for every remaining year of his contract.

I am not sure and here are the arguments:
- this is assuming Philly WANTS to get rid of him. I don't think that is a case - at least not for a bunch of bad contracts. He is far from useless, he is just overpaid.
- take CP3. OKC will not pay picks to trade his huge contract, more likely they will get them. Sure, CP3 had an awsome season, but he is also a big injury risk. Not to mention he is 35. Drummond is another example - absolutely awful contract yet Cleveland still paid a second rounder to get him.

Yes they made the playoffs, but OKC is rebuilding.  They'll not give CP3 away as they can afford his contract until an attractive offer comes along.  76ers are in a win now mode.  I have no idea how they view Harris, but the Mavs shouldn't be doing them any favors by helping them get off his contract.  I need a future first to even entertain that discussion as that's an asset I'll need to help get out of his contract should the time come.  Harris is easily making 10-15m per year over what I'd want to pay him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by cow - 11-05-2020, 09:14 PM