Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-05-2020, 08:02 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: 1) KP's health makes him shaky as a 2nd star, so the ideal is to get a 3rd guy whose health + his game adds up to a better player than KP. I'm not saying we have to get a guy better than KP, but rather that he has to be a suitable Robin for Luka in the event that KP goes down in the playoffs again. Harris is not that.

I am really fed up with comments like this. Please take a look at top guys and please name who exactly would that be. I have and I just don't see that many options. Jrue would cost too much, Hayward and Oladipo aren't really much better than Harris. So who would this mistery guy be???

(11-05-2020, 08:02 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Harris shuts down nearly all future movement with extreme prematurity.

That is so not true, as I have already argued. We keep plenty of role players, all our picks and add assets. All we lose is max space possibility. Other than that we have plenty of options to continue building around.

(11-05-2020, 08:02 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I also agree with KL and others and not with you that the Mavs will never have to pay guys Parsons/Matthews/Barnes contracts with Luka on roster. I simply think you're wrong on that. Don't look at the Luka-less past.

I think next year free agency is extremely overrated. Best players will very likely stay with their current teams. "Half" of the league will have cap space and the rest of "star" players are old guys like Lowry or question marks like Hayward or Oladipo. So I have really hard time seeing how this guys will be flocking to Dallas at half their price (taking into consideration the cap space available around the league).

(11-05-2020, 08:02 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The assets we got with him would have to be so substantial as to make up for what we could not get because he's on the roster.

Again please. Which players would that be other than GA pipedream? Name players we couldn't get because we would have Harris. Please mind we can still create up to 15 mil of cap space with Harris on board.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by omahen - 11-05-2020, 08:26 PM