Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-05-2020, 06:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not all Mavs math is about the legality of acquiring players over the salary cap. Some of it has to do with Cuban's financial bottom line. I simply don't think a team where Luka, KP and Tobias Fünke as your max players can reach contender status. For me, it's about what you can do AFTER those three are in place.

Personally I believe Harris is a legit third star. So, if you believe Luka and KP are legit first and second star, then I don't know how you can't see Mavs as contenders with this trio. I do believe that. Let's say it costs you THJ and Powell to trade for Harris and you also get Thybulle. Looking at starters, you have:

1. Luka, Brunson - we don't need any more on this spot
2. ?, Curry (we need a starter)
3. DFS, Thybulle - fine wing defenders, either is fine as fifth starter
4. Harris, Kleber
5. KP, WCS, Bobi

I even ignored Wright.

To fill that question mark, you have following options
1. draft (#18 or trade up)
2. trade (Wright+picks, Curry+picks, Kleber+picks - plenty of options for some mid tier guys like Schroeder, perhaps even Hield)
3. MLE - poor man option is Burke
4. 2021 FA - we will still have around 15 mil to spend if we dump Wright and MLE is one year only
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by omahen - 11-05-2020, 06:27 PM