Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-05-2020, 04:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I just took a nap for like 90 minutes (got up really early this morning). During that time, it seems like many of you have been struck with the terrible opinion stick. It's overwhelming, and I'm not sure I know where to start.

No, I'm sorry, Gobert and KP aren't a fit on defense. I don't care how many times you type it, they won't be able to play together. Most teams (I'll stop short of saying all, but it's probably all) have at their disposal a way of playing intended to attack EITHER of them, and we see lower paid centers getting played off of the floor constantly. Having BOTH of them out there would bring your defense down to keystone cop status. On offense they'd fit with Gobert in the Powell role, but I don't know that it's BETTER. I think it's a little worse, actually, and having TWO of your three max players not be able to handle the ball is quite possibly the worst way I can think of to make a top heavy roster. Zach Lowe already pointed out how stupid it would be financially, and since you didn't listen to him, I doubt you'll care what I think, but there it is. This path would be DUMB. I would hate it so, so much. 

The only thing I'd hate worse than that: Tobias Harris. I can't believe we're still talking about that. I can't even, right now. 

For those of you hoping Giannis comes off the board next week: you might get your wish, and when you do, I hope all you Mavs-haters are happy. I, personally, will be a bit disappointed, because I want the Mavs to win championships. But, not overly so, and no, that news wouldn't make me give up my "wait for something better" approach. The 2021 thing has never been about Giannis to me. I've said it over and over. I do NOT want to see team building that in any way resembles the terrible team building of the Nash/Dirk era. Until Luka signs his rookie max extension, the Mavs have to opportunity to say no to some of these desperate, awful ideas. I would continue to operate as if a Giannis-level (or slightly under) opportunity is just on the horizon. 
The Mavs main issue is closing games and Gobert does not make it better...probably worse IMO...

The Mavs need to get a 3rd star, dynamic scorer, or better closing players if the first 2 options aren't attainable...We were elite for 3 1/2 quarters just need to get better at closing to truly contend...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by ClutchDirk - 11-05-2020, 05:18 PM