Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-05-2020, 02:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 01:40 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Gobert/WCS/KP are the 1st, 20th and 29th best PLAYERS in the league in D-RPM.  Yes, someone would have to cover the perimeter...especially on switches.  But, there would be a highly rated shot blocker behind them at all times.  I’m not sure we’ve seen that tried as there hasn’t ever been anything like KP and Gobert on the same team.  That means the big on the perimeter doesn’t have to chase back to the basket.  They can play fairly aggressive drop coverage and simply worry about 3 pointers as any player who goes around them will have a top shot blocker waiting for them.

We were killing it with Powell last year before KP came back into his own.  Gobert is a substantial improvement over Powell.  I think it would work, but we are probably only talking about 12 minutes a game.  The other 32 minutes we could conceivably have one or the other star big on the floor alone

As I have stated before, I am 100% IN if Gobert is available. 

If the Mavs think they can make Kemba + Luka work side by side, then by golly working KP + Gobert side by side should be doable as well. 

Take the star, take the talent, let RC use it to shift the direction that the league is going so everyone suddenly wants their own KP/Gobert tandem.

#TrustRC
#TrustTheTalentWillFigureItOut
#TalentWins
That should help KP with foul trouble as well. 

You could give more rest games for KP with Gobert around.  I like it.

(11-05-2020, 01:24 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:27 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I just want to express my dismay 1) at the amount of Jrue sour grapesing going on here (yeah, we're not getting him, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a fantastic fit), and 2) the idea of us getting Gobert. Unless the Pels also want to give us their pick, Ingram snt, and either Jrue or Ball for KP. And I'd probably need more than that.

I'm might be missing something pal, which statements constitute sour grapes? Is it the "we're not getting him"? Just curious.

Regarding Jrue and Gobert, both, what I think is happening is that day-of posters drove the opinion in one direction, and made it appear that there was a statistical concencus on the forum. Some even "called" the forum opinion outcome because of this. But then mail-in posts arrived and got counted later than the day-of posts, which has made the forum opinion race tighten. Some posters cried fraud at this tightening of the forum opinion race, but really it's just the natural consequence of batches of posts arriving and being counted later.

#AllOpinionsCounted
Lawsuit filed for dead opinions counting.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by Hypermav - 11-05-2020, 02:22 PM