Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-05-2020, 12:37 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Dallas can’t give Gobert the Super-Max, so not even a concern.

There is no denying Gobert is a star.  He’s 10th best in the league in RPM and first in D-RPM.  What that is worth is obviously up for debate, but there is no denying he, Luka and KP would be 3 stars and that team would be improved regardless of what GA does a year from now.

I agree to an extent, but on the other hand I kind of feel like I CAN argue that they'd be improved. My argument would be based on the idea that the sport has become like 80% spread pick and roll, just like the European game. I think you can still get away with either KP or Gobert, but I'm not thrilled at the idea of trying to make a defense work with BOTH.  I mean, technically, yes. You'd have more talent on your roster. But, if they can't play the last five minutes of the game together, what's the point?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by KillerLeft - 11-05-2020, 01:14 PM