Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-05-2020, 11:03 AM)omahen Wrote: I don't see a Dallas trade that is worth New Orleans' while unless interest overall is tepid, at which point the Pelicans might as well keep Holiday.

That last bit is true at least until the trade deadline. I think Jrue staying where he is may even be the most likely outcome. 
New Orleans really needs to make some determinations pretty quick about the franchise. 

If I'm New Orleans, personally I'd be trading up further into the lottery and getting one of the guards. Really move up and try and get Edwards or the other Ball. If you like your Ball get another lol. If not, you really should consider trading up for a guy like Haliburton.

(11-05-2020, 11:27 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I just want to express my dismay 1) at the amount of Jrue sour grapesing going on here (yeah, we're not getting him, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a fantastic fit), and 2) the idea of us getting Gobert. Unless the Pels also want to give us their pick, Ingram snt, and either Jrue or Ball for KP. And I'd probably need more than that.

Oh I agree Jrue would be a fantastic fit. Secondary playmaker: check. Great defender: Check. Adequate 3 pt shooter. It's hard to find all 3 in a NBA player today. That's why I want him on the team. Make no mistake I want Jrue 100%. I'm somewhat hesitant to exhaust all assets to get him when we could sign him next summer. I still do the deal tho because I think with Jrue you can make some noise and that noise is going to be really hard to ignore for a 2nd high money free agent next summer. Also just because he fills all the holes we need doesn't mean he does for everyone else. Denver for one doesn't need additional secondary playmaking and thus why pay that cost? 

The sour grapes I will have for Jrue is if he does get traded to a contender and is off the FA market next summer. If he is still in New Orleans post deadline, I think he's most likely a Mav next summer no matter what happens with Giannis.

Also I'm 100% against Gobert unless you traded KP away for someone like Beal ha. Aint happening. I don't want that to happen anyways. Gobert and KP would be an utter disaster.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by cjeter24 - 11-05-2020, 11:35 AM