Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-05-2020, 10:43 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: I think Denver needs more than Jrue tbh. They straight up couldn't score enough when it mattered late at multiple times during playoffs. It required Jokic and Murray going nuts for them to win. Yeah their defense needs improving but they need offense more IMO. I think the defense aspect isn't just getting a lockdown guy. 

I agree. But Jrue is a huge improvement over Harris on offensive end. He seemed totally lost to me.

(11-05-2020, 10:43 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: And the Clippers make 0 sense. Why are they trading a really good player for role guys?

Well, what else are meh picks and role players Mavs have to offer? At least Shamet and Zubac are proven role players or even starters. Young, able to grow with NO core.

(11-05-2020, 10:43 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: No offense on the GS but I think you are absolutely nuts if you perceive Jrue's value that high. He's an above average offensive player and excellent defender. But not even an all star. #2 pick AND a future 1st?

The offer includes dumping Wiggins which is necessary for a trade.

All I am trying to say is, I see no way Jrue will be cheap. NO are not New York. They will take time selling Jrue and offer him to everybody to create a bidding war.

This is what Zach Lowe has on Jrue (taken from random article, I didn't go look for the original):

[i]The bidding for Holiday and Beal figures to center on Denver, Golden State, and Brooklyn — and to some extent Atlanta, Miami, and Dallas. The Hawks might try nabbing Holiday using their No. 6 pick — which they would be open to trading for veteran help, per several sources — but I don’t see that alone getting it done. Would they attach one of their young wings?[/i]
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by omahen - 11-05-2020, 10:57 AM