Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-05-2020, 02:23 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:39 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: So I'll bite on saying Jrue will cost too much to acquire. I don't think he will cost nearly as much as you think. Or frankly that he should in a given year.

Well, actually you proved through your speach that this is not true Smile I agree - Mavs have a chance if Denver and Nets are out. Unfortunately, Jrue is exactly what Denver needs. Same could be said for Nets. 

You say, he might not cost as much as we think. If the price comes down to THJ, Brunson and a pick, the amount of teams that can match this offer widens. Denver can match this without adding Porter. Nets have a ton of possibilities to match it. Clippers have Zubac and Shamet as very interesting young players with good rotation players like Beverly to sallary match. Unlike you I can totally see Wiggins+#2+2021 Minnesota pick deal (throw in Pascal if needed). Horford, Thyulle and a bunch of picks is another competitive offer. 

I think Jrue will create an intense bidding war with the winner paying a treasure at the end of it.

(11-05-2020, 01:20 AM)Tyler Wrote: Indy gets cheaper versions of Turner and Oladipo

Wright being cheaper version of Oladipo is funny Smile

I think Denver needs more than Jrue tbh. They straight up couldn't score enough when it mattered late at multiple times during playoffs. It required Jokic and Murray going nuts for them to win. Yeah their defense needs improving but they need offense more IMO. I think the defense aspect isn't just getting a lockdown guy. 

The ability of other teams to beat our offer like Denver or Brooklyn is the same case in almost every trade. When you don't have assets... It's harder to make deals. And yet Mavs managed to make a deal like the KP trade. Yeah they ripped them off big time. But in general the market was much weaker than anyone here thought it would be. I find it often is for the big names. I'm saying that's going to be the case again here. How much is so? Idk. I think Mavs best offer is in the ballpark of what it will take to get Jrue is the point. NOT that the Mavs are going to get him. Mavs 100% make the most sense as a fit no doubt. 

You miss the overall point still about why it's not likely those deals get done. MPJ is extremely expensive cost to give up for Jrue. Grant in a SNT? Why is Grant agreeing to go to New Orleans? Same for Harrell. Is that stuff possible? Sure. But highly unlikely. And the Clippers make 0 sense. Why are they trading a really good player for role guys? Is that possible? Sure. But it doesn't line up with any past trade of getting rid of an expiring really good player because you are in a rebuild and are concerned he leaves for nothing. No offense on the GS but I think you are absolutely nuts if you perceive Jrue's value that high. He's an above average offensive player and excellent defender. But not even an all star. #2 pick AND a future 1st? That's just not happening. Not to mention they already have 2 of the best guards in the game and they have no idea how that 3 guard system would work. 76ers are a complete wildcard. And that could be the team that pays up the most in the end. I don't think that ever creates a bidding war. 

Again... I replied later saying I'm not sure the Mavs are willing to even give their best offer. Why? Because it will exhaust all remaining the assets have to make moves for the next few years. That's a very steep cost for an expiring guy. And an expiring guy who is now over 30. And regardless of Giannis... There is a nice crop of guards available next year in FA including Jrue himself. If you got another piece via trade and then signing a guard your team is going to be a way bigger threat in 2022 and beyond.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by cjeter24 - 11-05-2020, 10:43 AM