Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-05-2020, 08:22 AM)Hypermav Wrote: interesting that he values DJJ so much more than Grant.  Even saying Grant was an overrated player.  

Dan, the 1 + 1 for Millsap, is that a Giannis killer in your opinion.  I guess we would have to wait and see if we dumped Wright and others to make up for the Millsap salary going into 2021.

You pretty well answered your own question.  I think the smarter way to do it would be to partially guarantee the second year.  If he's worth $14mm, you give him $9.3mm with the MLE in year one and guarantee $4.5 the second year.  Even that hurts 2021, but at least it is in your control and you can S/W the guarantee down to $1.5mm.

(11-05-2020, 08:21 AM)omahen Wrote: If this would be a position we would be looking to spend MLE on, I certainly like some of the options. I don't really understand how DJJ falls into PF category with him being 6-6 at 210 pounds. I can't imagine him going defensively against strongest SF yet alone PF. 

I've seen that other places and wondered the same thing.  Jones is killer at the top of a zone.  If you look at the defensive breakdowns at BBall Index, he mostly guards high usage primary creators of all sizes.  That could be Kemba Walker one night and Kawhi Leonard the next.  The positional breakdown is:

PG  23.1%
SG  26.8%
SF  14.5%
PF  23.5%
C   12.2%
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-05-2020, 08:38 AM