Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Nah to your nah, @"cjeter24". I’m pretty sure it is wishful thinking. I think Holiday is WAY, WAY more valuable to a good team than Tyler Herro, for example, and I’m one of Herro’s biggest fans. Not saying Miami would want Holiday, but that’s just one example. 

I think some of the logic you used to eliminate teams is right on target. Most of it, even. In fact, I don’t feel strongly enough about any one team’s angle in your post to belabor specifics. But, it only takes one of these teams to drive the price up, and then there’s the idea that Holiday is going to prefer some teams over others to consider. The Pelicans are free to trade him anywhere, of course, but I bet they won’t send him somewhere he doesn’t want to go, and if they did, a team who acquired him despite a low level of excitement from him about it would be making a foolish mistake. I think this is relevant because I have a hard time with the idea that he’d be most excited about coming here. Seems like an older group more ready to win would be more his speed.

It’s the SUM of your logic that I find to be wishful thinking, but again, I sure do hope they can get him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by KillerLeft - 11-04-2020, 11:57 PM