Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I don’t think Jrue is within our reach.

To me, a trade this off-season is more likely to be one of the high dollar forwards from among Gallo, Hayward, Griffin and Tobias.  I do agree with the thought that Ainge and Donnie have a good relationship and all.  But, Hayward would need to want to come here IMHO to take advantage of that.  Isn’t it funny how Dallas and Indy seem to always be in the conversation for the same guys.  It is hard to imagine an opt out for Hayward to get where he wants to go, but that is always out there.

Gallo has some leverage as to where he goes, but OKC has to be satisfied.  It doesn’t have to be a fair deal.  It just has to be better than losing Gallo for nothing.

You would think you’d get something for taking on Griffin or Tobias.  Both would also be a way of unloading unwanted contracts (assuming the team believes it has unwanted contracts).  Given the length of the Harris deal, you probably get more for taking him on (Thybulle?).  I’m not sure how to price a Griffin deal.  He expires before Luka’s big pay day, so less risk than Harris financially, but more injury risk.  But, Detroit has so little to offer that it is hard to envision what they would add to a deal (unless Dallas had a path to move to 10-12 making a trade down easier for Detroit).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-04-2020, 04:32 PM