Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-04-2020, 12:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I wouldn't do this either, but only because of age. If Holiday was the same player he is now, only 27, I'd be more inclined to pull the trigger. However, he probably wouldn't be available under those circumstances. 

I DO think Holiday is a great fit here, so if they could somehow get him for less than what we expect they'd have to give up I'd be ecstatic.

I think competition, which there will be plenty off, will drive his price up. 

(11-04-2020, 12:08 PM)Tyler Wrote: For example, THJ is in a similar spot in Dallas where he's a good player that Dallas most likely will let go in order to land a bigger name like Jrue. But interestingly, without Jrue THJ would fit into the Pelicans' lineup as the starting 2 like a charm. And a guy like Brunson would also have more value in NO in such a deal as the backup 1. So a deal of Jrue for THJ/Brunson would make a lot of sense for both teams in terms of roster fit, with THJ's agent negotiating now to figure out whether it makes more sense to opt in with an extension or opt out and S&T. Add 18 (a higher pick than most contenders have on hand), and IMO that's a pretty competitive offer.

I am affraid this is a dream. If Denver decides to include Porter, there is no way our offer can be seen as competitive. If Brooklyn throws in LeVert and Allen we are again nowhere near. GSW could throw #2 and Min 2021 FRP if NOLA takes Wiggins. Wannabe contenders like Atlanta or Phoenix have high picks, young players, cap space, you name it. Unfortunately I can't see a scenario where Jrue would slip through at a low price. NOLA will certainly shop him hard. They got a fortune for Davis despite him making clear he will only play for Lakers.

Besides, I am very sure JRue will be traded with the agreement that he signs an extension. So unless he starts publicly claiming how he only wants to be (for example) in Miami, his price will remain very high.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by omahen - 11-04-2020, 12:26 PM