Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I love seeing the trade rumors suddenly pick up overnight when nobody is paying attention. [Image: smile.png]

The interesting thing about Hayward and Jrue is that they're both expiring with a good likelihood of leaving their current teams. So IMO neither are your typical young talent and pick haul kinda deal. If anything, it feels to me like a situation where the agents work together to get their guys into good spots.

For example, THJ is in a similar spot in Dallas where he's a good player that Dallas most likely will let go in order to land a bigger name like Jrue. But interestingly, without Jrue THJ would fit into the Pelicans' lineup as the starting 2 like a charm. And a guy like Brunson would also have more value in NO in such a deal as the backup 1. So a deal of Jrue for THJ/Brunson would make a lot of sense for both teams in terms of roster fit, with THJ's agent negotiating now to figure out whether it makes more sense to opt in with an extension or opt out and S&T. Add 18 (a higher pick than most contenders have on hand), and IMO that's a pretty competitive offer.

Then with plan powder pretty much out the window, Dallas could turn their attention to swinging that deal for Hayward. I think that's totally doable if Hayward is serious about pushing Boston and Dallas is no longer worrying about hoarding cap space.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by Tyler - 11-04-2020, 12:08 PM