Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Continuing the Athletic piece assigning values to current FA's (leaving out Ingram and the minimum wage guys):

$17.0mm  Hayward  (Boston would benefit with an opt-out and extension of $75mm over 4 years)

$13.7mm  DeRozan (Unlike Hayward, there isn't any conversation about opting out and extending

Mid Level Guys

$10.9mm  Joe Harris (Could get more given how many teams are looking for a shooter)

$10.8mm  Marcus Morris (Clippers go something above the MLE to retain)

$10.5mm  Crowder (20 teams will chase with the MLE, but none will offer more...good as a 5th starter)

$9.3mm   Justin Holiday (Good at 3's, good at D's, really low usage.  Should get close to MLE on a 1 or 2 year deal)

Below MLE

$6.7mm   Josh Jackson (Worth a shot at someone's Room MLE)

$5.6mm   Kent Bazemore

$5.5mm   Moe Harkless (Clearly a rotation-caliber player in the prime of his career.  The "3" in his 3&D hasn't always held up)

My thoughts.  Hayward is in high demand.  The path to Dallas might be an extend and trade which is limited to 3 years including the $34mm year already on the books.  I think that may look something like $34/$20/$20.  Boston obviously has to play along and they may have better options than a THJ/Maxi based deal (all Boston trades start with Maxi IMHO).

Justin Holiday at some/all of the MLE would be a nice short term investment on a one year basis.  I could see Bazemore or Harkless on a short term deal as well at less dollars tan Holiday.  Hollinger's process is stat based, not market based and the market needs multi-position bench defenders.  DFS suddenly look like an incredible bargain.

https://theathletic.com/2166227/2020/11/...eep-field/
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-04-2020, 08:47 AM