Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-02-2020, 10:18 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 07:42 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: John Hollinger at The Athletic has a series out this week on Free Agents.  He's combining PIPM, Raptor and PER on a weighted multi-year basis to come up with a single rating and then applying 20/21 dollars to that rating.  Luka as a free agent, for instance, would be the second most valuable player in the league and worth a contract of $55 million per (the metric is age based).  Gallinari is worth $19mm (he was named in the piece explaining the metric).  Hollinger thinks there will be a larger than normal number of one year deals this time around.

Today he started with PG's.   

Thanks for sharing this!

Please keep bringing highlights here please. I am super intrigued about balancing those three advanced stats and seeing the outcomes.

Today is the SG crop of FA's projected at or above the MLE:

$15.1mm  D'Anthony Melton
$13.4mm  Bogdan Bogdanovic
$13.0mm  Evan Fournier
$12.8mm  THJ
$12.3mm  Kris Dunn
$11.4mm  Jordan Clarkson
$8.8mm   Shaq Harrsion

Here is the comment about THJ:

"As with Fournier above, Hardaway is a 28-year-old shooting guard coming off a career year. And like Fournier, he’s probably better off opting in and taking advantage of another year shooting wide open 3s next to Luka Doncic."

He really gave the largest write-ups to Melton, Dunn and Harrison.  He described all three as "high energy undersized shooting guards with shooting questions, but graded out as far above the norm in terms of defense, rebounding and overall impact".  It is hard to picture Memphis letting go of the best of the bunch...Melton.  He thinks Dunn probably tops out at the MLE because he could be "Dorted" in a playoff series.  Still, the role he plays could be incredibly valuable.

I've thought about what we might do with the MLE if we somehow get in on a more offensively oriented Forward like Gallinari/Hayward/Tobias.  We would have plenty of O at that point and DFS doesn't hurt  your offense any more.  Could you afford a lock down guy like Dunn or Harrison ? 

Courtney Lee and Antonius Cleveland make the list at the minimum.  Pretty thin class here.  If you want perimeter D, some 3 point shooting and a little play making from the SG spot, you may have to draft it yourself, which is part of why I'm more drawn to the guard prospects at 18 than the wing prospects.  I've called this position a 3&D PG, something not every team can afford.  But, a team with a primary ball handler the size of Luka can.

Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-03-2020, 07:50 AM