Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-02-2020, 08:46 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: I am in pain thinking of sending out curry/klieber for the "privilege" to pay Hayward $100M.  Wow.  Then knowing that we are going to have to come up with draft capital to get someone to take wright AND Powell off our hands if GA wants to come here.  OMG. I'd rather just stick with Curry/Klieber, tbh. Hayward, for me, would be a target of opportunity.  If it makes sense, sure.  But that is a ton to give up for a guy who has had 2/3 of a good season in the last three years and then to be married to him for the next four.  I would feel like we are setting ourselves up to be Memphis in the Chandler Parsons ordeal.  Although to be fair, I don't know that Hayward actually has a specific chronic issue like Parsons' knee.  The dude is just always hurt.

Here we are again at a point of discussion, where you ("you" meaning in a broader sense of people on this forum) would not do it. So what WOULD you do? Again it seems like the only scenario you (again in a broader sense of people on this forum) are willing to contemplate is to add Giannis to this team next season. Good players cost money and it is quality that it counts, not quantity. Hayward, as long as he is reasonably healthy, is a much better player than Curry and Kleber. Sign Burke and Giles for MLE and we partially cover the bench loss. Who cares about 2 draft picks needed to dump Powell/Wright if Giannis decides to come to Dallas? We would have Luka, KP, Gianis, Hayward, DFS and Brunson as our core. Not even counting 2020 rookies. 

For me it is very simple. Current team is not good enough to contend imho. We are actually quite far away. This means we will have to improve. Since there is no other really good max player but GA pipedream realisticaly available in 2021, we might as well make the moves this year, when there will be certainly less competition than next season.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by omahen - 11-02-2020, 09:02 PM