Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-02-2020, 07:41 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Would you be happy signing him for $100M?

I think I would, it is a reasonable number to mitigate between risk and gain. It would end with his age 34 season. Of course it can go wrong, but he could also have 4 great seasons for us. Or just 4 average seasons like last one. Which I am also quite fine with. As I said, I think the number is a fair compromise for both sides. 

From Mavs perspective, it would be great if we could get rid of some long(er) term salary in the SnT. Kleber and Curry would probably be interesting for them. This would mean we are one Powell and Wright trade from max space in 2021. I really have a problem putting a fair price for this SnT. Problem is we have to send salary somewhere if we want to execute the deal. 

If I have a look at recent SnT examples. Philly took Richardson for their troubles in Butler SnT. Milwaukee took 1 FRP and a couple of seconds (and no salary!) to let Brogdon go. Dallas paid two second rounders for the Wright privilege. I really don't see Boston sending us picks (or pick swaps), but perhaps Curry+Kleber would be enough with some additional salary going somewhere else. Would they pay #26 to someone to take Powell while we take their bad salary in Kanter and Poirier?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by omahen - 11-02-2020, 08:03 PM