Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-02-2020, 07:09 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 05:44 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: You're both probably right. So Mavs, and so bad. Green is terrible, I have a sense that the Mavs are out on Dipo, and Schroder comes with a lot of baggage off the court and in the locker room that the Mavs will want to avoid (and have dynamically avoided in the past, it was so bad).

I'd rather have another year of Wright than see our last FRS before Luka's extension completely flushed down the toilet on the rotting corpse of Danny Green. Just put me out of my misery if that happens. Edit: I still haven't stated it strongly enough - ***as important as it is to get out from under Wright's contract, since Green probably gets rotation minutes if he comes here, and because he is so abominably bad at this stage of his career that he dynamically costs us wins in 2020-21, I would be angry if the Mavs traded Wright for Green straight up, much less Wright and 31, far less Wright and 18***. Vomit, vomit, vomit. I'd rather we paid Courtney Lee a big one year deal and gave him rotation minutes than acquiring Green. So terrible.

You have such a negative perspective... Green is a starter on the NBA Champion. Green has won it all with three teams, being starter for every one of them. He is also a wing defender we desperately lack. Wright couldn't get on the court for us in the playoffs. As much as Green is declining, he is still twice the player Wright is and would bring a ton of experience this team doesn't really have. I hope it would not cost FRP to get him, but I could accept it assuming this is best they could get.

(11-02-2020, 07:08 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: I see...  hmmm.  I don't see Hayward leaving enough salary on the table this season to take the kind of salary that I think the mavs would want him to take to make it happen.  They aren't going to finish off the cap situation with a long term Gordon Hayward contract. 

Not going to lie, I could root for him, but I would be disappointed.

Looking from his perspective. What if Mavs offer him 4 years at 100 million. Can he be sure he will get at least 3 years and 65 mil next season? What if he has another injury plagued season? What if his peak player days are gone and next season proves that? I think a number like that would be a reasonable compromise for both sides. Of course he can always bet on himself.

You kind of just highlighted the case against signing that guy to a long term deal... He was a feel good story last season while he was healthy, but its been a long time since he has been worth 25M/yr.  He's now on the other side of 30.  He isn't going to get more healthy. 

Would you be happy signing him for $100M?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by Mavsfan12 - 11-02-2020, 07:41 PM