Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-02-2020, 05:44 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 04:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 04:44 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I think Mavs are going to split the MLE so maybe 4-5 mil to Burke and then another couple above-vet min guys that could fill a role. The big move will be draft night moving Wright + a pick for someone. That move will be the "win now" type of move for the summer. We may or may not draft a guy and then MLE will shore up a couple holes and MBT will call it a day.

I concur. This, or something very similar, is still the mostly likely scenario, imo.

You're both probably right. So Mavs, and so bad. Green is terrible, I have a sense that the Mavs are out on Dipo, and Schroder comes with a lot of baggage off the court and in the locker room that the Mavs will want to avoid (and have dynamically avoided in the past, it was so bad).

I'd rather have another year of Wright than see our last FRS before Luka's extension completely flushed down the toilet on the rotting corpse of Danny Green. Just put me out of my misery if that happens. Edit: I still haven't stated it strongly enough - ***as important as it is to get out from under Wright's contract, since Green probably gets rotation minutes if he comes here, and because he is so abominably bad at this stage of his career that he dynamically costs us wins in 2020-21, I would be angry if the Mavs traded Wright for Green straight up, much less Wright and 31, far less Wright and 18***. Vomit, vomit, vomit. I'd rather we paid Courtney Lee a big one year deal and gave him rotation minutes than acquiring Green. So terrible.

Hard pass on Green.  Maybe as a salary dump for Powell/Wright.  Haha.  That would be enough for me to pull that trigger.  SOOOO much future salary erased.  Of course, that would get spit back at us.  But I would do it. Big Grin

(11-02-2020, 06:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"Scott41theMavs" I don't know if it makes you feel better, but my prediction for their top target is still Hayward.

On the expiring?  Or on a SnT?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by Mavsfan12 - 11-02-2020, 06:50 PM