Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-02-2020, 08:08 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Kevin Pelton's ESPN Insider piece on Morey impact on decision making in Philly is linked below.  He doesn't think Morey will trade Simmons or Embiid in the near term.  Here is what he said about the guy most likely to go...Harris:

Tweaks in short term, bold changes in long term

From a big-picture perspective, I'm not sure Morey's arrival will dramatically change Philadelphia's game plan. For now, the 76ers will most likely look to maximize the Embiid-Simmons duo with their new coach -- recently hired Doc Rivers -- and different pieces around them.

Morey would probably be more inclined to trade starting forward Tobias Harris, who re-signed on a five-year, $180 million deal last summer after the Sixers gave up a lavish package to acquire him from the LA Clippers before the 2019 trade deadline. However, Harris' disappointing 2019-20 campaign and big contract will make it difficult to move him for value. The same is true of Al Horford, Philadelphia's big-ticket addition in the summer of 2019.

Beyond that, the 76ers' short-term moves are largely telegraphed. They'll surely look to move Mike Scott and Zhaire Smith to cut their luxury-tax bill, which might give Morey the ability to go shopping with the team's taxpayer midlevel exception.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_...rey-charge

From a money perspective I agree, but from the Thybulle bubble videos, Harris felt like their veteran leader. He was the one speaking about BLM and their position/mentality going forward and even was the guy that talked during TOs in the Celtics series. Same mold as DP here (bad contract, excellent culture guy). Not sure he would go there. To me the odd man out in Philly is Horford. Horford/Smith/21/Future protected 1st for Hield is their move I think.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by aguiar95 - 11-02-2020, 09:14 AM