Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-01-2020, 11:48 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: I don't see a scenario currently being discussed that would prompt the Mavs to voluntarily remove themselves from the possibility of signing GA outright. 

It is quite easy. What if Mavs know GA is not available? What if they know, he intends to stay in Milwaukee no matter what. We can only guess about GA intentions, but Mavs of course have much more insider information on that. This assumption was what started the Harris discussion from my side. 

I see a lot of guys here saying what they wouldn't do. But I don't see much of a plan other than let's sign GA in 2021. Doing nothing this year and then failing to sign GA would basically mean a disaster. If we don't have any info about GA, it is still better to jump to Harris and deal with dumping his contract later, if GA decides to come. If he doesn't, we would at least have Harris. Notions that his contract is untradeable are silly, especially from the theoretical aspect that Mavs just traded for him. 

Other than GA, you basically have Hayward, Oladipo or Harris as best options in next two years. Perhaps Jrue. Why wait for 2021 for any of them if they are available this year? Here you also have to take positives and negatives into account. In Harris we assume we are dumping our bad salary and get some assets back. We keep our best role players. Trading for Jrue (I don't think he will reject his PO - he will either resign with NOLA or be traded and resigned) would take our best assets. So which outcome out of these two really makes us better more? 

Let me conclude same way as yesterday. If Mavs trade for Harris, I can understand the logic and I think it greatly improves us, especially with assets coming our way. It beats doing nothing and I am sure GA status is in all of their scenarios.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by omahen - 11-02-2020, 03:47 AM