Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Chiming in on the last 1.5 days of chatter...  I don't see a scenario currently being discussed that would prompt the Mavs to voluntarily remove themselves from the possibility of signing GA outright.  There isn't a team with cap room for '21 that gives him better teammates or chance to compete for championships than Dallas.  This isn't plan powder... this is plan Luka/KP recruiting.  KL has been dead on...  this is the last chance to add a Luka/KP prime FA.  It has to hit if this era is going to be all it can be.  If '21 FA busts, then it is on to the JuHow plan of over the cap trades that incrementally make us better.

The Harris trade is not something that would be considered in lieu of cap room... that is a deal you make over the cap.  Honestly, it is a deal that will be available to be made every year remaining on that contract.  

The Bogi trade is interesting.  I like the player, and at 15M, the contract isn't terrible.  That said, I like Curry at 8M more than I like Bogi at 15M.  Especially when thinking of adding another big player in '21...  cap flexibility will be at a premium and having some nice value contracts will be important and if GA comes, Curry's shooting will be perfect. If Powell was outgoing, I would consider it, but I can't see Sac doing that.  I would be reluctant to trade Curry/Maxi/DFS unless it was to be the last hurdle to bring in the star in '21. 

I feel that this will be an offseason that we don't shake things up that much.  Pull in a rental or two - maybe solid vets.  Draft a couple of wings with 3D potential.  

I would like to throw out a name that hasn't been talked about much, but could be a great value on an expiring deal.  OPJ.  If he has recovered from his injury, he would be amazing here.  A really nice player who would be a terrific fit at SF here as a two way player.  Not sure what it would take to get him - and we don't have a ton to offer that saves them money, long term, as OPJ is expiring.  I am interested him as a player, though - actually moreso than Hayward.  He would be able to push THJ to SG.  Also, if he returns to form, he could be used at the TDL or offseason (as a snt) to acquire another player long term.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by Mavsfan12 - 11-01-2020, 11:48 PM