Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-01-2020, 03:28 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 02:41 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: What might the impact of a hurried off-season be?  Fewer bids for RFA's?  Free Agency will be over during the two days money is tied up.  How about unrestricted free agency

I find it unlikely, that players will be signing below the market contracts. 

I think guys like Gasol, Whiteside, Teague, Favors, Bazemore, Thompson, Harkless and Milsap won't see more than MLE this offseason.

Good players like Davis, Ingram, Ibaka, Dragic, Morris, Clarkson, Grant, FVV, Harris, Bertans, Harrell, Beasley and Bogdanovic will get higher than MLE offers from their current teams.

I think Sacramento will have to decide between Bogdan and Hield first. If you are trading Hield, paying 15 per for Bogi is not terrible for them. If they are keeping Hield, I would SnT Bogi for best offer.

I would say Wright+Jackson+#18 is a fair offer from Dallas perspective, but I doubt it is from Sacramento one. I see the following problems though: 

Under normal circumstances I'd agree.  The point of the article is this may be the one time guys just jump on a good train for a few months and look for a better long term situation in the summer.  I suspect some of our list will turn out to be correct and some won't.  The question is degree to which that happens and who.

As to trading 18 for a RFA, don't forget the order of operation issue.  We have to draft a player Sacramento wants and Sacramento and Bogdan are perfectly free to change their mind afterward (hard to imagine a FA changing their mind after agreeing to come to Dallas, but I hear its possible  Sad ).   I'm starting to see a trend among some of the better national writers where they don't just lump 18 and Hardaway into deals because they know Dallas may not control Hardaway on the night of the draft.  Same is true with trading 18 for free agents (even those who would probably love to be in Dallas).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-01-2020, 05:19 PM