Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-31-2020, 05:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It's not even about 2021, specifically. It's even worse. That move would signal the end of creating any space ever during the Luka era. You'd essentially have your 3 max guys in place. Done deal. And you're nowhere remotely near championship contention. Like, not even remotely in the conversation.

That is just wrong on many levels. I am not saying Harris is the only or the best option, but that statements are just wrong.

1. Harris is a definite upgrade over anything we have on the roster now. He is a third "star". So if you think, we are not even near contention with him, than you really value Luka and KP low.
2. After 2021 we will not have any space for foreseable future. In fact, I hope we will be in tax for the era. The moves need to be made this and next year, afterwards we are extremely limited, as it would basically take to strip the team to get serious cap space with Luka and KP taking some 60-70 % of the cap.
3. In the proposed trade, we would keep Curry, Kleber and DFS, our MLE, all our picks and additional assets (Korkmaz, pick) from Philly. So plenty of flexibility left. We lose cap space, but we have plenty of ammo for other moves if necessary.
4. Take a look at my analysis of top 60 players and who can be available in next two years. It's Giannis (bif iF) and then Hayward, Harris or Oladipo. It makes more sense to pull the trigger on one of those three this season.

Are there better theoretical options? Yes, for sure. But, if Mavs trade for Harris I can see the logic and I agree it is a trade that is improving the team. It is certainly better than doing nothing.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by omahen - 11-01-2020, 03:23 AM