Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
https://phillysportsnetwork.com/2020/10/...-and-bobi/

Interesting seeing this from a Philly perspective. They constructed the same trade idea I had in my head:

Dallas Receives: Tobias Harris, Furkan Korkmaz, 2021 second-round pick (via NYK)
Philadelphia Receives: Tim Hardaway Jr., Dwight Powell, Delon Wright

The good news is that Mavs get out of 2 contracts and upgrades THJ into Tobias Harris. Mavs would have Harris and DFS as the wings and would need to figure out SG, perhaps Curry would go back into that role.

I think Harris will be movable because all these overpaid guys are. Unless he suffers a catastrophic (which of course can happen) he will be movable. I expect Harris to get traded somewhere. So in this deal as mentioned in the article, Sixers would get shooting at the guard position and get out from some salary.

I don't really care for the move bc like most of the moves on these boards we get another guy that can score but not play defense really. He does rebound at least. Mavs need defense and to a lesser extent additional playmaking (I would rate defense as a much higher need).

I still think Mavs can upgrade the team this year without doing anything crazy and then add their third guy in 2021, probably without having to give up any assets in the process.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by StepBackJay - 10-31-2020, 05:55 PM