Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-31-2020, 03:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I would 100% prefer to sign Trey Burke to the lowest deal possible, draft the BPA at #18 and report to training camp than to make a trade where the PRIZE is Tobias Harris. That move is the spitting image of the Juwon Howard deal. It would represent the idea that Cuban/Donnie had learned absolutely NOTHING the last time around, and that we are doomed to live in a mediocrity loop forever, regardless of the player around whom they're building.

The Juwon Howard deal was a bad one? Without looking at Wikipedia, my memory is that Juwon begat Van Exel and Raef, Van Exel and Raef begat Jamison and Walker, Walker and Jamison begat Terry, Stackhouse, and Harris, Harris begat Kidd, Stackhouse begat Marion, and meanwhile Dampier begat Tyson, and that all that begat a championship.

I miss Mark's spending ways and hope they're back. But not for Horford or Harris unless we get a mountain of assets back.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by Scott41theMavs - 10-31-2020, 04:10 PM