Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-31-2020, 03:53 PM)omahen Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 03:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I do NOT think the team gets better, even incrementally, by trading for Harris.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I think Harris is a very good player. Overpaid, yes. Bad, no. Clearly much much better number three guy than anything we have on the roster. I am not saying this is my number one option, but it beats doing nothing for me. Especially if we are talking Powell and Wright being included in the trade.

I don't think Harris is bad, either. I DO think he's an on-court fit here. I wish Brand and the Philly ownership group hadn't given him that deal (btw, I've been absorbing a ton of Philly content since they hired Morey, and the Tobias Harris deal is 100% what led to the owners admitting they have now idea what they're doing and hiring "professionals" according to consensus). 

But, I'm FINE with leaving Kleber in that spot right now AND giving Wright another chance to fit in, if Harris is the alternative. Or, seeing what you could get for just Wright. Or, a million other things we've discussed. 

I just think taking on a salary like that one to get a non-difference maker is the very definition of desperate. Once Luka is highly paid and you're for sure an over the cap team, sure - let's talk about moves like that. Until then, I don't NEED to make that move, so I'm not going to do it. 

You are free to disagree with me, but there is literally nothing anyone can say that takes that guaranteed money out of the equation. 

If the Mavs were to make such a deal, I would cheer for him and hope for the best, but I have to be honest: that would signal the beginning of very underwhelming era around here, imo.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by KillerLeft - 10-31-2020, 04:04 PM