Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-31-2020, 03:01 PM)omahen Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 03:00 PM)cow Wrote: I'd be on the phone with the Bucks if Giannis does leave.

Yeah, but you have to wait till 2021 for this. Are you staying pat till then?

Depends on the opportunity.  MBT is going to put themselves in a position to have room for Giannis in the off chance he wants to come to Dallas.  It's part of the reason why I'm far from in love with taking on Harris contract.  Sure, a Harris for Giannis swap would work from a contract perspective, but if Giannis goes to LA or Miami, I think having that Harris contract would prevent you from picking up the table scraps (Middleton) should the Bucks decide to blow it up.

Personally, I think the odds of Giannis coming here are incredibly low.  I'm open to improving the team anyway possible but we do need to be careful as we don't have a lot of draft capital or the depth to trade away our desirable assets in order to erase mistakes. So far, our mistakes (Wright and Powell) have been fairly minor and easily correctable.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by cow - 10-31-2020, 03:10 PM