Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(10-31-2020, 01:39 PM)Mapka Wrote:
Better POV would be to look how much of an overpay he is every season and if the compensation is worth the missed opportunity's.

omahen

Based on all this - Harris salary is a problem only, if we go after Giannis. Otherwise, the only realisitic dillema is between having him, Oladipo or Hayward (if we are after this level of guys). 

Nice work on all that Omahen.  I'd probably Add Gallo to the list you've arrived at.  I included Mapka's post because you are essentially answering him.  Once you cross above the cap (and certainly when get into paying taxes), there really isn't an opportunity being missed because of an over-pay.  You have shown that the "opportunity" in 2021 is illusory, so wh wait a year.   Don't get me wrong.  Harris isn't worth what he's making and fair pay is always better than over-pay.  But, the harm of adding Tobias is mainly to Cuban's wallet.  Not to future opportunities.

I like Gallo at the right price (dollars and outgoing players) maybe a little better than the Tobi proposal.  But, I don't know if OKC will accept "my" proposal.  If I can talk THJ into opting in before the draft, I'm shifting toward Korkmaz and #21 in this draft rather than a 2021 second.  Get that done (this was after-all a Philly website proposal...we get to counter), and I get even more interested.  

I've got more draft capital (#21 in 2020), I got a good third starter in Tobi, I got a replacement level guy in Korkmaz who would probably fit well here, I'm off the Powell and Wright salaries and I didn't have to give up Maxi, Curry, Brunson or WCS (essentially my bench).  I'm in on a deal like this and use the MLE, Jackson/18 and try to combine 18 and 21 into a lottery pick.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFSEASON: Mavs Trade & FA (Nov 21?) + Salary Chart | Season (Dec 22? 72 gms?) - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-31-2020, 02:17 PM